WARNING: domain parameters about to disappear!

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Tue Oct 27 21:38:43 GMT 1998

Just to make sure I'm on the same page (and possibly for
others)...

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> example for the groupname map:
> adm     Domain Admins
> users   Domain Users

The groupname map is needed in order to support domain
groups which are normally defined by the NT PDC
administrator.

> example for the aliasname map:
> wheel   Administrators
> users   Users

The local mapping is needed to that a samba box working
in security=domain mode can have local groups which
are not affected by nor defined in the domain.

> admins would be expected to use the "map username"
> functionality, which already exists.

Not sure what you mean by this?  Is the username map going to
change?

> later i would like to extend the functionality of these three "map"
> systems to include DOMAIN_NAME\username, bu t not for now...

In order to support trust relationships?  Would you map groups
in the same way?

BTW...I would agree with Jeremy.  Could we call these soemthing
like

	domain group map
	local group map

?