WARNING: domain parameters about to disappear!

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Tue Oct 27 00:51:57 GMT 1998

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> these two files will have the following (identical) format:
>
> unixgroup       Well-known NT Group
> unixgroup       NT_GROUP_NAME
>
> example for the groupname map:
> adm     Domain Admins
> users   Domain Users

Luke,

	Can you call to discuss this, as I now
understand the need for these changed parameters,
but I don't like the name you've given them too
much.

Essentially we only need what you are calling
a "groupname map" for a Samba server as PDC,
whereas we will need what you are calling an
"aliasname map" for any Samba server in a domain.

I'd like to call these "groupname map" and
"local group map" instead - as this makes more
sense to local UNIX admins.

Cheers,

	Jeremy.