Access permissions

Jason Armstrong jason at datrix.co.za
Fri Oct 23 10:23:39 GMT 1998

Hi

I have RedHat 5.1 running latest samba (cvs). Can connect to domain from
NT4 machine.

My problem: Can't access Registry settings.

Example 1: Open System Properties
           Change something
	   Error message: Cannot open USER Environment section in Registry.
	   Possible registry corruption.
Example 2: NT Explorer -> Directory Properties -> Security -> Permissions
		-> Add
	   Error message: The instruction at "0x778933a" referenced memory
	   at "0x006b006e". The memory could not be "read".
Example 3: Trying to open Borland C++ Builder
	   Error message: Unable to open Key:
	   \Software\Borland\C++Builder\3.0\Editor\Highlight

Relevant sections from smb.conf:

	workgroup = PONG
	domain admin users = jason Administrator
	domain admin group = jason Administrator
   	security = domain
	encrypt passwords = yes
	smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
	local master = yes
	os level = 33
	domain master = yes
	preferred master = yes
	domain controller = yes
	domain logons = yes
	logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
	dns proxy = yes

    [profiles]
	path = /home/profiles
	browseable = yes
	guest ok = no
	writable = yes

I am in the Administrator group, and I have added \\PONG\jason to the
Administrator group too. Yet I still do not seem to have sufficient
priveleges. And my profile (jason) ie desktop settings etc also doesn't get
saved.

Thanks for any hints.

		Jason