nt password changing now works.

William Stuart william at hae.com
Thu Oct 22 16:32:04 GMT 1998

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Dave J. Andruczyk wrote:

> As the docs say, to do "unix password sync" the passwords have to be sent
> in clear text, which NT4 with SP3 or higher WILL NOT DO, without a
> registry hack to allow plain text password sending.   Check to see if your
> machines can send the password in clear text before attempting unix
> passwd sync.  Easiest way is to say "encrypt passwords = no" in the
> smb.conf file.
>
> dave

Dave--

Luke said it is possible, and to try it.  He said, in a previous email,
that the new password is encrypted with the old LM or NT hash and he could
use it to set the UNIX password.

http://samba.anu.edu.au/listproc/samba-ntdom/2211.html

---
William Stuart  (william at hae.com)
"Don't rush me sonny.  You rush a miracle man you get rotten miracles."
                     --Miracle Max, "The Princess Bride"