nt password changing now works.

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Wed Oct 21 23:37:17 GMT 1998

At 05:07 PM 21/10/1998 +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

>put "unix password sync = yes" in smb.conf.

Now, that seems to be what is causing the problems some people are
reporting, with passwd sync on, I cannot change the passwd using the famous
three fingured salute. Works fine if I disable the passwd sync option in
smb.conf. Luke warned us about not getting too excited.

Looks like a stroll through the log files....

RH5.1, no shadow passwd stuff.

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au