compiling cvs source from 10/21/1998 10:30 -6 GMT

Sean Mathews mathewss at nutech.com
Wed Oct 21 23:30:51 GMT 1998

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> >  Still i am unable to connect to default shares ie \\server\c$
>
> you'll have to create one in smb.conf: [c$]

 umm i should say \\NTCOMPUTER\C$ wasnt talkin about
a samba box :( sorry.

> > i still get access denied errors.. Also under server manager
> > i can not connect to the other NT boxes without getting
> > access denied errors.
>
> you will need the same thing as in an NT environment, i.e either an admin
> account with the same password as the one you're currently logged in as.

 Also i forgot to mention that this works fine from an NT4.0 box
dbl clicking on a NT 3.51 box.. only a problem from nt40->nt40
(password crypting?)

 hmm ok well i have the user "Administrator" with password "blaa"
on box A and the user "Administrator" with same pass on Box B
both are on the PDC and the user Administrator is on the PDC
and i have this in my smb.conf
 a few thinks i left out for easy reading. these seem relevent

[global]
workgroup = NUTECH
domain master = yes
local master = yes
preferred master = yes
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
guest account = nobody
domain admin group = Administrator
domain sid = S-1-5-21-111-222-121-312
domain logons = yes
socket options = TCP_NODELAY

----- end conf -----

 so i assume that when i dbl click on Server B's entry in
server manager from Server A that server A would request something
from server B and server B would authinticate me from the PDC
and the PDC should say "Yes Administrator can do anything" kinda
stuff ? The only thought i had was that there were some difference
in how the 4.0 box is dealing with the packets or crypted passwords
as compared to the 3.51 box.

 Thanks for your time in reading this mess..

 Regards
 Sean M