nt password change in samba

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Mon Oct 19 19:29:24 GMT 1998

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> > So does this mean we can now change the password on the NT boxes?
>
> yes.  the "domain" will have to be the local machine:
>
> rpcclient -S nt_wks_name -W nt_wks_name -U nt_local_account_name

To clarify, what luke is saying (i think) is that a large chunk
of the puzzle has been solved.  This does not mean that you can change
you NT password from and NT box using the

	CTRL+ALT+DEL -> Change Password

option.  You can change your password using the rpcclient
utility using the above commands.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )