Policies not being updated

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Fri Oct 16 00:14:31 GMT 1998

Can someone please suggest an approach :

My \netlogon\ntconfig.pol file is being read (according to samba logs) by
ntworkstation, however it is not being acted upon. I mean I am setting
basic things, 'hide display tab' etc and its never hidden. ( even after
several logons)

The .pol file was made on a win95 machine, I assume this is OK ?

Is there a setting on the ntworkstation that prevents remote update to
registery ? I know there is a registary setting to set it off/auto/manual
however auto is supposed to be the default and nothing to reverse that
appears in the registary at present.

How can I get poledit.exe running on the ntworkstation ?

Thanks

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au