rpcclient

Matthew Geier matthew at janus.law.usyd.edu.au
Fri Oct 9 05:24:18 GMT 1998

> >  rpcclient will return a user list for me. It certainly wont work for
> > usermgr on the NT wiorkstation.
> >  I dont have  netmon, but hopefully I can get a snoop/tcpdump trace of
> > an attempted transaction a little later today.

 Well I captured the transaction from usermgr on my NT workstation to
the samba server.
They live at http://www.law.usyd.edu.au/~matthew/samba/

 (I hope there isnt any passwords in that lot...)

 There is a level 100 smbd log of usermgr loading and then failing,
along with the solaris snoop capture of the same, and the result of
ruuning snooptocap over the snoop capture file.

 The server is running code CVS about 2 weeks old - newer versions
so far tried have a problem with win95 printing. (I hope to try that
again tomorrow when every one is gone...).

 rpcclient will respond and list users, it just doesnt work from the
Microsoft client for me!

 I dont have an NT server to try this against.