Sharing printers via Win95 and NT4.0

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Fri Oct 2 16:30:57 GMT 1998

Monica Lillico wrote:

> Currently, I am attempting to share out my printers using Samba
> 1.9.18p10 on hp735 (hpux version 10).  I am able to access the
> printers from Windows 95 and download the drivers to
> those machines, but I am unable to do so with Windows NT 4.0.
> The documentation stated that it was only compatible with
> Windows 95 at that time.

> Has there been any progress made for compatibility with NT 4.0?

Jean-Francois Micouleau is working on the \PIPE\spoolss
support.  Note that any of the DEC/RPC support for NT is
only being implemented in Samba-2.0.0-prealpha at the moment.

Questions related to Win95 or 1.9.18p10 (or below) will get
a better response on the main samba mailing list.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )