Smbpasswd problem with NT Wst

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Thu Oct 1 17:12:10 GMT 1998

Ignacio Coupeau wrote:

> We have the same problem with the 09/26 prealpha version. The smbpasswd
> file was corrupted if:
> 1. a new user is added
> 2. a computer is added to domain

Oh damn. I recently added a patch to widen the fields
in the smbpasswd file to allow easier maintenance.

I thought I'd got the code so that it wouldn't overwrite
older style entries with the smaller [U] or [W] fields.

Newer entries would be added with the spaces.

Could someone try the latest CVS code and test if
the two cases above are breaking the code that parses
the smbpasswd file ?

In my tests everything seems to work ok.

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.