password server = Novell server ?

Luis Claudio R. Goncalves nescau at akira.ucpel.tche.br
Mon Nov 30 10:41:47 GMT 1998

Hello!

> Is it possible to configure the 'password server' global option to use a
> Novell server for login/password authentication ?

   It isn't possible (right now) with samba... but I've developed sometime
ago a PAM module (for linux only) that authenticates any user using
his/her netware account (login+password). It's pretty simple and hasn't
much features but works very well. I'd be glad on sending it to you as
soon as I finish the documentation
   The only problem here is that you have to use unnencrypted passwords to
share the unix/samba user database and it can be a trouble to NT clients.

					Hope This Helps

							Luis

[ Luis Claudio R. Goncalves                       nescau at akira.ucpel.tche.br ]
[ BSc in Computer Science -- Gospel User -- NetAdmin -- Linuxer -- Musician? ]
[ RHuser - DRWATSON.EXE user - http://akira.ucpel.tche.br/~nescau - IS 40:31 ]