yodl is _cool_

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Thu Nov 26 06:04:34 GMT 1998

Luke, thanks for your advice, now getting 2.0.0b2.

But to get back to your origional question :

>> >please could someone review docs/manpages/smb.conf.5 or
>> >docs/htmldocs/smb.conf.5.html sections "domain group map" and "local group

The beta2 version does not mention "domain group map" etc, it is the old
prealpha stuff about "domain admin group".

And to reiterate my (revised) question :

For example, to map someone, who is a member of (unix) adm as
 (NT) Administrator would we do this ? :

domain group map = /usr/local/samba/private/domain.map

and in domain.map we have either :

 adm Administrators
or
 adm Domain Admins

'cos it don't work for me. A user who is a member of adm can logon fine,
but not as an Administrator, I also tried quotes, "Domain Admins".

So I tried Sean Mathews method of making a group called Domain Admins, and,
you guessed it, no go.

Looking in the logs it appears that the user is correctly identified as a
member of his unix group but I can see no attempt made to match that group
to a particular NT group. Any hints where I should start looking ???

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au