I have a question about PDC

Wolfgang Ratzka ratzka at HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE
Wed Nov 25 16:17:50 GMT 1998

    IC> For NRT_DOMAIN server iz samba1.9.18. I know that this is not
    IC> realy a domain but we plane to install samba2 as soon as there
    IC> is stable relice.

    IC> For LABNET server is NT4SP3.

    IC> The thing is that we want to all users be able to log on to
    IC> these two domains with same user name and passwd.  Can this be
    IC> done. We want that when user change passwd in one domain it is
    IC> changed in another, and when we add user in one domain it is
    IC> also added in another.  Any sugestions.

As you want to have one single collection of users, I'd suggest using
one single domain.  I.e. you would make your samba machine a member of
the LABNET domain.  (This is the level of domain functionality that
should be stable in 2.0, once it is stable. PDC functionality is
planned for later releases).

--
Wolfgang Ratzka  Phone: +49 6421 28 3531  FAX: +49 6421 28 6994
Uni Marburg,  HRZ, Hans-Meerwein-Str., D-35032 Marburg, Germany