domain login problems fixed

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Wed Nov 25 19:14:12 GMT 1998

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Sean Mathews wrote:

>  Ok cool that fixed my login problem maybe the problem
> i reported is a non issue though i will dig into the code

it was definitely an issue.

> a bit and see how it reacts with this fix.
>  New problem :c) it never ends does it? :c)

nope.

>   Now that i am able to add myself to Global groups
> with such ease now i need to be able to add myself to a local grup.
> when i pull up my info for my account i am part of "Domain Admins"
> and "Domain Users" but I am no longer part of any local group.
> This leads to the inability to say log on localy as that right
> is granted to the local group users etc..
>  Any ideas?

yes, you will need to create an entry in private/local.map for one unix
group.  except that i know i have a crash-bug with the "local group map"
and "domain group map" code oops.

except a) access to samba.anu.edu.au is down at the moment b) i'm trying
to do an LsaLookupNames call in rpcclient.