username map problem

Stefano Colombo stefcol at tin.it
Wed Nov 25 13:47:46 GMT 1998

Hi all ,
	I'm installing samba 1.9.18p10 onto a HPUX 10.20 box.
	I've already setup a basica configuration, using smbpasswd to create the
smbpasswd file starting from my /etc/passwd.
	It works fine until I'm using those users.
	Now , however , I'm trying to set up a mapping between NT / UNIX users.
	So I create a username.map file and included the following in my smb.conf
file
	usename map = /usr/local/samba/private/username.map

	In the map file I included , for example , the following line
	uxuser = ntuser

	The uxuser does exist , when I try to connect from my NT workstation ( NT4
SP3 ) , I provide for the user "ntuser" and and the corresponding password .
	But the resource is not mapped and the "map" dialog window keep prompting

	ANY help ?

	TIA

Stefano Colombo  MCP (email : scolombo at cdmtecno.pr.it )
CDM Tecnoonsulting SPA , v. G Marconi 25 , 43050 Sorbolo Italy
Tel. + 39 0521 669511
Fax. + 39 0521 669527
scolombo at cdmtecno.pr.it
www.cdmtc.it
Il sesso senza amore e' un'esperienza vuota,
ma fra le esperienze vuote e' una delle migliori
			Woody Allen