yodl is _cool_

Sean Mathews mathewss at nutech.com
Wed Nov 25 06:28:29 GMT 1998

 Ya it seems the latest cvs cant support domain login
anymore i posted today a few things i found odd in the
code for someone to hopefull dig into. But the good news
is that after revewing the new docs i was able to understand
it enough to come up with the following and actualy add
accounts to "Domain Admins" and other groups very easy.

i simply added a few groups to my unix group file as follows.

Domain Admins:*:2000:mathewss,raven
Domain Users:*:2001:mathewss,raven

 now if i look at user mathewss under usermanager i see
that user in the group domain admins etc etc.
thats COOL :c) and easy to maintain.

 I also played with the domain group map entry
with no realy effect. It seemed that maping say wheel
to say Domain Admins didnt have any effect. Seems
logical to me at least as the user mathewss has
su capability and is part of the wheel group to
alias that group to say "Domain Admins" yet

wheel "Domain Admins"

or

wheel Domain Admins

inside of the domain group map file seems to have no effect.

 The username map does seem to work fine i can basicly
alias a user on NT to a user on the unix box.

 on a side note under User Properties under user manager
i noticed that the check box for Password never expires is
not checked for the users. Yet under account it is properly set to
never not sure if thats normal since ive been off of using
Winnt pdc for a long time now.

 Regards
  Sean Mathews Nu Tech CTO

struct SoftwareProfessional {