Quotas in RedHat 5.2

CAE Samba Admin caesmb at lab2.cc.wmich.edu
Wed Nov 18 19:20:59 GMT 1998

This was posted a little while ago:

------
As I have no root-access to the other systems for which code exists
 in quotas.c I would like if other could confirm/deny if the code
 works on these systems. The OS's in question are LINUX, CRAY,
 SunOS-4, OSF1, IRIX 6.2, AIX, HPUX, FreeBSD & OpenBSD.
------

I've followed the steps to getting quotas going in Linux as documented in
the Quota Mini-HOWTO.  However, the auto configure for samba produces:

checking whether to support disk-quotas... no

Has anyone else had any luck with this under Linux?  Just a side note, in
case I really have something messed up, the "quota" command does not
report any quotas for me, but the "repquota" command does.  I might have
something missing.  What does autoconf look for in enabling quota support?

Kevin