make problem with Samba2Beta1 and SunOS4.1.4

Peter Duff peter at cs.curtin.edu.au
Wed Nov 18 01:50:58 GMT 1998

Yep, I had that problem too, and my quick and dirty solution was to
put extern references in the offending c files.
(straight out the sunos 414 getopt() man pages)
extern char *optarg;
extern int optind;

that seemed to fix the problem, though the fix is quite ugly.

Hope this solves your problem!

On 11/18/98, at 5:56 AM, CHENRIQUE <chenriq at homeshopping.com.br> wrote:

>I had a problem in make process of Samba2.0.0Beta1.
>I am using gcc 2.8.1, SunOS 4.1.4 in a sparcStation 5, and the error
>message was:
>
>..
>..
>..
>Compiling rpcclient/cmd_netlogon.c
>rpcclient/cmd_netlogon.c: In function `cmd_netlogon_login_test':
>rpcclient/cmd_netlogon.c:78: warning: assignment makes pointer from
integer
>with out a cast
>Linking bin/rpcclient
>Compiling utils/smbpasswd.c
>utils/smbpasswd.c: In function `get_pass':
>utils/smbpasswd.c:184: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
>without a cast
>utils/smbpasswd.c: In function `process_root':
>utils/smbpasswd.c:285: `optarg' undeclared (first use in this function)
>utils/smbpasswd.c:285: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>utils/smbpasswd.c:285: for each function it appears in.)
>utils/smbpasswd.c:318: `optind' undeclared (first use in this function)
>utils/smbpasswd.c: In function `process_nonroot':
>utils/smbpasswd.c:447: `optarg' undeclared (first use in this function)
>utils/smbpasswd.c:466: `optind' undeclared (first use in this function)
>*** Error code 1
>make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `utils/smbpasswd.o'

>TIA,
>
>Henrique.

*********** END FORWARDED MESSAGE ***********

Regards,