Change Password fails, Was: Login with NO PASSWORD - panic

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Sun Nov 15 22:35:15 GMT 1998

At 05:20 AM 14/11/1998 +1100, Martin Hofbauer Bacher Systems EDV wrote:

>Has anyone had success, change password a second ( or more ) times ?
>I got not respond to this problem, Please help !

Yes, it works fine on my test system that has a current cvs. Your problem
may be that you are trying to change to a password that is not suitable, ie
not enough letters, too similar etc. Because samba uses the system passwd
command to change passwords and then tries to capture the response, it
makes no attempt to look at why a change attemt fails, it just sees
anything that does not look like success  as failure and tell the NT that
'something' did not work.

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au