NT4SP4

Matthew Geier matthew at janus.law.usyd.edu.au
Tue Nov 10 20:00:49 GMT 1998

 Incidently SP4 seems to have 'fixed' that user/browse list thing. Im
now getting my 'personal' share list showing up up when I browse to
the server, where as with SP3 I would get my personal share list the
first time only, after that I would get the guest user share list.

 I have the following in my smb.conf

; Include special machine diffs
;
include = /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.%M.conf
;
; include special OS diffs.
include = smb.%a.conf
;
; Include special user files
include = /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.%U.conf
;
; Include group specific files
include = /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.%G.conf
;
;

 I havent actually used the %a or %G expansion for any thing. The machine
one is handy for turning up the debug level for one workstation connection
only...