How to make a real domain administrator

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Thu Nov 5 22:30:01 GMT 1998

Daryl Biberdorf wrote:

> We can't figure out how to create a real domain administrator
> We have accounts created for the machine, for the
> administrator, and we have " domain admin group = administrator"
> in smb.conf.

Do you have a mapping of "administrator" to a unix account
Rather try 'domain admin group = <unixuser>'
or at least use the username map to map administrator to
a real account.

Note that these parameters are going away soon.  Be on
the look out for the new method of accomplishing this.

> Thanks in advance. We got put into this situation
> at the last minute. We never expected to be running
> alpha code in small production environment.

Welcome to my world!? :)

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )