Office Problem

Dana Canfield canfield at uindy.edu
Tue Nov 3 19:50:42 GMT 1998

I don't know if I'm looking in the right place, but... we are having
problems with certain wizards not running. The big one is the one in
MSAccess '97 in the Tools menu that "says Merge with MS Word."
When logged in as a domain user, the OA always pops up and says that
the wizard is not installed.  But, if you log in as Administrator, or as a
local user (we have a test account which is only a member of users), the
wizard runs fine.

Could this possibly be a user group mapping issue?  Does anyone know of a
fix, or where I should start looking?  I know at one time there was some
question as to just what group domain users were being mapped to.  I am
not sure if that has really been cleared up or not.

We are using office 97 system policies, but there are only about 5 or 6
items that we even use in those.  The system policy should also apply to
local users, right (if not, I suppose this could be a potential location
of the problem)?

We also have the entire Program Files directory set to (RX).  I don't
think it is a permissions problem, though, because the local user works.

On a related note, does anyone know of a site that might keep a listing of
NT permissions that work for given programs?  It's often a long and
tedious process figuring out how tightly you can lock the permissions for
given software before it breaks.  If no such site exsits, I may start one.

Thanks for the help!

Dana