[Fwd: Mixed profiles w/Samba-PDC]

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Sat May 30 14:13:07 GMT 1998

> Here's my current solution to the RID <--> uid/gid mapping
> that I've been discussing with the OpenNT people.

> #define USER_RID_TYPE 0
> #define GROUP_RID_TYPE 1

> Speak now - or I'll do the checkin on Monday... :-).

jeremy i recommend using exactly the same values in the SID_NAME_USE enum
for the XXXX_RID_TYPE defines above that jean-francois posted earlier this
week.

i also would recommend considering the file-based system or simply not
having such a mapping at all, and taking the performance hit when doing a
lookup on a RID (complete search of all RID databases required).