Roaming Profiles Not Saving

Todd Stiers tas at microdisplay.com
Fri May 29 22:58:11 GMT 1998

Hi,

> > I can read but not save my NT 4.0 profiles to SAMBA (yes, this is a
> > repeat),
> > but it reads wonderfully.
> >
> > I can't find the new DOCS on the "domain admin" /etc options.
>
> Do you get any error messages?  Does any of the profile save?  I'm
> wondering if it is a matter of case on the file names and settings in
> smb.conf.  Just a hunch.

Error message on the NT box:

The update of your roaming profile failed. Please contact your Network
Administrator. (65)

(that would be myself)

No files in the profile have altered timestamps or content,
all files and directories are chmod 777.

Have not checked for errors in tha log.<nt machine>.
Last message after logout, debug level = 20

1998/05/29 15:54:17 error packet at line 4634 cmd=0 (SMBmkdir) eclass=2
ecode=4
size=35
smb_com=0x0
smb_rcls=2