Mixed profiles w/Samba-PDC

Jeremy Allison jallison at whistle.com
Fri May 29 16:26:37 GMT 1998

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> when you get a RID in a structure returned from a lookup or enumeration,
> it is already marked with an ENUM which tells you what kind of RID it is,
> in that structure.
>
> therefore, jeremy, your suggestion is an optimisation that a) may be
> unnecessary b)  may cause problems as you outline below.

But there's *just* one case you missed (of course that happens
to be the most important case for a file server :-). That's the
case where you get a SID as part of an NT ACL.

In that case you just get a list of SIDs, and the ACL
is in self relative format. Unfortunately an ACL can
contain both user and group SIDs - and there's *no*
extra flag that tells the two apart.

So my suggestion is still neccessary I'm afraid.

Jeremy.