Admin equiv creates root owned files

Tim Winders twinders at SPC.cc.tx.us
Fri May 29 15:52:37 GMT 1998

On Sat, 30 May 1998, Andrew Tridgell wrote:

> > I read this, but disagree with how it should work.
>
> as I said, it isn't a very useful option.
>
> > Is the ONLY thing it does is FILE permissions?
>
> almost. It also sets a silly flag so when the client asks for login
> info it display "admin user". pointless really.
>
> >  Are there other "domain" things that might pop up in the future?
>
> not if we remove the option :)

I just replied to Jerry, but here is the same/similar question.  The admin
users = sets that flag and the file permissions.  I guess the Domain Admin
users = is different and is/will be used for different things?  Would this
be the equiv of putting the user in the Domain Admins group on NTS 4?

=== Tim

|  Tim Winders, CNE, MCSE        |  Email:  TWinders at SPC.cc.tx.us   |
|  Network Administrator         |  Phone:  806-894-9611 x 2369     |
|  South Plains College          |  Fax:    806-897-4711            |