Admin equiv creates root owned files

Tim Winders twinders at SPC.cc.tx.us
Fri May 29 15:49:53 GMT 1998

On Fri, 29 May 1998, Gerald Carter wrote:

> Tim Winders wrote:
> >
> > > .SS admin users (S)
> > >
> > > This is a list of users who will be granted administrative
> > > privileges on the share. This means that they will do all file
> > > operations as the super-user (root).
> > >
> > > You should use this option very carefully, as any user in this list
> > > will be able to do anything they like on the share, irrespective of
> > > file permissions.
> >
> > I read this, but disagree with how it should work.  Is the ONLY
> > thing it does is FILE permissions?  Are there other "domain" things
> > that might pop up in the future?
>
> The "admin users" parameter has been around long before the NTDOM
> code.  Not sure what you mean by 'other "domain" things'...

Sorry.  There are TWO options I am concerned about.  The admin users and
the domain admin users.  I guess the admin users is what does the FILE
permissions as root, correct?

=== Tim

|  Tim Winders, CNE, MCSE        |  Email:  TWinders at SPC.cc.tx.us   |
|  Network Administrator         |  Phone:  806-894-9611 x 2369     |
|  South Plains College          |  Fax:    806-897-4711            |