Mixed profiles w/Samba-PDC

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Wed May 27 15:08:17 GMT 1998

On Wed, 27 May 1998, Gerald Carter wrote:

> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> >
> > ah: the 1000 should actually be 0x10000...
>
> Uh-oh.  You do realize that if you change this in the code it will
> break all existing normal user profiles since the RID is embedded
> in the ntuser.dat file, right?

yep!!!

>  Welcome to the bleeding edge everyone ;)

jeremy would say (if he was awake right now and reading your message) that
we have to provide backwards-compatibility support as we have real users
out there already.

i would say, "not until 1.9.19alpha1.  until then, i welcome opportunities
to change things for the better despite inconvenience to pre-alpha users:
i really, really hate backwards-compatibility limitations and _like_
taking the rap".

luke