Error saving roaming profiles, and are groups supported?

Todd Stiers tas at microdisplay.com
Tue May 26 20:43:53 GMT 1998

Hi,

Wonderful piece of work!

I built the server, and I can get machines (NT 4.0) and users configured

and logged in in the smbpasswd file.

My issues/questions:
1. I get errors on user logout ("Unable to save roaming profile") on
logout - it loads wonderfully,
    I set permissions 777 to see if thats it - its not.

2. The users in my "SAMBA" domain fail to show in the "User Manager".
     This is bad because I can't  "Add" SAMBA domain users to the
Administrator
     and/Backup groups of the local machine.

SO Does the NTDOM version support groups? Is there a behind-the-scenes
smbpasswd
config I have failed to find for groups?

Thanks

-Todd

Todd Stiers
Systems Administrator