?Use a script instead of a password file

Jippes, A.G. (UB) A.G.Jippes at ub.utwente.nl
Tue May 26 07:52:17 GMT 1998

Hi Luke (et al.),

Sorry for the 'script' confusion. I didn't mean the "login script". I
would like Samba to use my Perl script to check passwords at our central
user database instead of the smbpasswd file. I need to validate logins
on our semi-public NT workstations.

B.t.w. Since Samba can check the NT-passwords against its one-way
encrypted smbpasswd file, I assume Samba does decrypt the password it
gets from NT workstations, right?

Thanks,

  Arnoud.
Arnoud G. Jippes