Samba NTDOM printing?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Fri May 22 14:50:30 GMT 1998

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Jean-Francois Micouleau wrote:

> On Fri, 22 May 1998, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>
> > AH - yes.  spoolss.  jean-francois, where is that?
>
> on my disk :-)

whew.

> > think it would be good to check that in, do a
> > "#ifdef EXPERIMENTAL_SPOOLSS_SUPPORT"
>
> #ifdef UGLY_USELESS_CODE would be better !

your wish is my command.

> > > I talked with Jean-Francois about this.  He has implmented about 16 of
> > > the 50 or so \PIPE\spoolss functions.  However, they are not in the
> > > current main branch code as I understand.
>
> I could send you the code, but nobody would gain anything with it !

that's fine.  at least we won't get someone else going "oh, no work has
been done on this: i think i'll have a go".

> All the major functions are missing, the base is here, ie: the structs and
> the basics functions: OpenPrinter, ClosePrinter, enumprinters...

good: that will do.

> I still haven't wrote the Print function or the
> Install_the_driver_on_the_workstation function.

i don't mind.

> The code is really ugly compared to what is in lib/rpc,

i don't even mind that!

> I will continue to work on it in july

good one.

the main thing is to get it in there, so that other people can see it and
they won't waste time duplicating your work.

"cathedral and the bazaar..."