Bad machine accounts

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Thu May 21 23:49:28 GMT 1998

> I'll check with Andrew for the exact meaning of the
> revalidate parameter, as I think it may be redundent
> with security=user, in which case we can replace this
> code with
>
> && (!lp_revalidate(snum) || lp_security() > SEC_SHARE) &&....

yep, that would be good. revalidate was intended for share level
security and is basically useless for user level security.

I suggest we also add a testparm warning "WARNING; revalidate set with
user level security" and fix the smb.conf manpage entry for revalidate.

I wonder how many people have this set with user level security?

Andrew