Update: Machine accounts invalid

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Thu May 21 18:47:09 GMT 1998

Kevin Currie wrote:

>         Not quite that far... That's not quite what I had in mind.
> What  I'm looking at is the ability for a grad assistant, lab tech,
> etc. to be able to set a machine password back to the machine name so
> that they can fix a downed computer without having to contact a campus
> sysadmin with root access.

OK.  Why not use something like sudo to give access to to smbpasswd or
write someother fronend that acts as a menu system for labmon to run.
That's what we do here so that they can do things like kill errant
processes and clean print queues.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )