Bad machine accounts

Andrew Perrin - Demography aperrin at demog.Berkeley.EDU
Thu May 21 18:44:38 GMT 1998

OK, here's the full info.  Background:
1.) BOSERUP, a Solaris 2.6 machine running Samba-1.9.19-prealpha as a PDC
for domain SANDBOX.
2.) BLAKE, a Solaris 2.6 machine running Samba-1.9.18p7 as a member of the
SANDBOX domain.
3.) KITAGAWA, a Windows NT 4.0(SP3) machine as a member of the SANDBOX
domain.

KITAGAWA can log into the domain fine; however, it cannot:
	- get any shares whatsoever from BOSERUP (invalid password); or
	- browse BLAKE (but it *can* NET USE \\blake\homes).

BOSERUP:smb.conf:
[global]
        workgroup = SANDBOX
        smbrun = /usr/LOCAL/samba/bin/smbrun
        lock dir = /usr/LOCAL/samba/var/locks
        debug level = 10
        log file = /var/log/samba.%m.log
        wins support = no
        wins server = <ip address here>
        os level = 100
        domain master = yes
        time server = true
        unix realname = yes
        preferred master = yes
        load printers = no
        hide dot files = no
        revalidate = yes
        default service = homes
        encrypt passwords = yes
        domain logons = yes
        domain sid =  S-1-5-21-123-456-789 ; sorry to be so boring
        security = user
        case sensitive = no
        preserve case = yes
        short preserve case = yes
; The following deal with roaming profiles. Currently configured to send
;   them to utility\username as drive Y:.
        logon drive = Y:
        logon home = \\blake\%U
        logon path = \\blake\ntprofile\.ntprofile
        logon script = init.bat

        domain admin users = ntadmin
; Added the following at the suggestion of luke from the samba team 5/8/98
        domain groups = admins

[homes]
        guest ok = no
        read only = no
        browseable = yes
        wide links = yes
        printable = no
        create mask = 0775
        Comment = Home Directory (%U)

[test]
        guest ok = yes
        read only = no
        browseable = yes
        wide links = yes
        printable = no
        path = /usr/LOCAL/samba-test
        Comment = Sandbox Test Share

[netlogon]
        path = /usr/LOCAL/netlogon
        writeable = no
        guest ok = yes
        locking = no

BLAKE: smb.conf
[global]
        workgroup = SANDBOX
        smbrun = /usr/LOCAL/samba/bin/smbrun
        lock dir = /usr/LOCAL/samba/var/locks
        debug level = 1
        wins support = no
        wins server = <ip address here>
        os level = 0
        preferred master = no
        domain logons = no
        encrypt passwords = yes
        security = server ; just got the =domain recc. and will try.
        password server = boserup
        log file = /var/log/samba.%m.log
        load printers = no
        hide dot files = no
        default service = homes
        time server = true
        guest account = nobody

[homes]
        guest ok = no
        read only = no
        browseable = yes
        wide links = yes
        printable = no
        Comment = Home Directory (%U)

[ntprofile]
        guest ok = no
        read only = no
        browseable = yes
        wide links = yes
        printable = no
        path = /home/davis/hdir1/%U
        Comment = Profile Directory (%U)

[test]
        guest ok = no
        read only = no
        browseable = yes
        wide links = yes
        path = /usr/LOCAL/samba
        Comment = Test Directory

[pdf]
        guest ok = no
        read only = no
        browseable = yes
        wide links = yes
        printable = yes
        print command = cat %s | /usr/local/bin/distill > %H/distilled.pdf
; rm
%s
        path = /tmp
        printer driver = Apple LaserWriter II NT v47.0

Andrew J. Perrin - aperrin at demog.berkeley.edu - NT/Unix Admin/Support
Department of Demography    -    University of California at Berkeley
2232 Piedmont Avenue #2120  -    Berkeley, California, 94720-2120 USA
http://demog.berkeley.edu/~aperrin --------------------------SEIU1199