Roll Call

Tavis Barr tavis at mahler.econ.columbia.edu
Thu May 21 18:35:15 GMT 1998

On Thu, May 21, 1998 at 11:47:56AM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> so would i.  can i ask people the favour of doing a "roll-call" of their
> site topology / number of samba pdc servers / number of nt 3.51 / 4.0
> workstations?

So far I'm just testing things out on a pair of old Sparcs running SunOS
4.1.4 and two NT workstations on the same subnet.  Soon I'll be moving it
to 3-4 Alpha servers (one PDC that currently functions as our NIS and
xdmcp server too) running Digital Unix and about 20 PCs on 4 subnets
running NTW 4.0 (mostly Intel clients, some Alpha).

Our users (including me) are social science researchers (roughly 50 but
soon to be about 150, about half professors half grad students) and
currently use the servers mostly for statistics; once the clients are
installed, we will just have basic office software on them.

Cheers,
Tavis