Update: Machine accounts invalid

Kevin Currie x7currie at lab2.cc.wmich.edu
Thu May 21 17:18:32 GMT 1998

> > 	Well, smbpasswd reads the smb.conf file, how about just having the
> > "machine reset users = " parameter be interpreted by smbpasswd so that
> > non-root users can reset the machine (and only machine) account passwords?
>
> you mean, make them an equivalent of an "NT SAM administrator"?

	Not quite that far... That's not quite what I had in mind.  What
I'm looking at is the ability for a grad assistant, lab tech, etc. to be
able to set a machine password back to the machine name so that they can
fix a downed computer without having to contact a campus sysadmin with
root access.

Kevin