Bad machine accounts

Daniel Fonseca daniel at med.up.pt
Thu May 21 12:59:13 GMT 1998

On Thu, 21 May 1998, Kevin Currie wrote:

> > I have ~12 NT Workstations spread across 5 subnets (yes across routers)
> > with no problems.  Very Stable.
>
> 	We were doing okay too, until we got into the 50+ computer range.
> Then things started to go a little crazy.  We fixed a lot of it by putting
> samba in inetd, but there are some things we're still trying to work out.

Sorry... you mean to tell me that putting samba in inetd was the key for
you?

I always thought inetd to be used when samba is scarcely used.

I had to take samba out of inetd because it would die due to excess of
samba requests (I know you can change (nowait.max - default 40) the number
of connection per minute the inetd can take before it thinks things are
bad - but still making it standalone worked better/saffer for me)

Can you confirm that taking samba out of inetd at this moment makes your
50+ setup fail?

Daniel