Password changes from NT

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed May 20 01:39:28 GMT 1998

On Wed, 20 May 1998, William Stuart wrote:

> I remember seeing a post from Luke saying that password changes from NT
> were possible, in fact, remarkably similar to Win95 password changes.  Has
> password changing from an NT box been implemented?  Does it work for a
> SAMBA domain or a just a regular SAMBA box?

user password changes from a NT box to a samba PDC do not work.  The
mechanism is known from what I understand, but the encryption method /
structures are the obstacles at the moment.

The machine account password changes are done and working in the main
branch as we speak.

> My setup was an NT4SP3 server as a member of a RH40PAM SAMBA domain.  I
> can't give you the messages I got because I have blown away my setup.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )