running kixtart with NT Domain logins

Andy Smith abs at maunsell.co.uk
Tue May 19 08:49:49 GMT 1998

Previously, I wrote :-

> Server=[Samba 1.9.19-prealpha]
>
> kix32 wont even start :-
>
>         An Application error has occurred
> and an application error log is being generated.
>
>                   kix32.exe
> Exception access violation (0xc0000005), Address: 0x77822710
>

> From event log :-
>
> The description for Event ID ( 5 ) in Source ( KIXTART ) could not be
> found. It contains the following insertion string(s): UserModalsGet failed
> Error : Access is denied. (0x5/5).

I have checked out this error message with the KiXtart author.  I dont
suppose his reply sheds any light wasn't obvious already, but in view
of the current password API discussion, I thought it might be relevent :-

--
  _          __         Maunsell Ltd, IT Unit    Tel  : 0181-663-6565
 /_|   _/   (  _  '_//  160 Croydon Road,        Fax  : 0181-663-6723
(  |/)(/(/ __)//)/ //)  Beckenham, Kent BR3 4DE  Email: abs at maunsell.co.uk
        /               England.                 -or- abs at maunsl00.demon.co.uk