Problem with Samba PDC & NT 3.51

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Fri May 15 18:15:48 GMT 1998

Chance W. Eppinette wrote:

>    - On the Citrix box, a window returns the following:
>
>          The default domain administrator is not
>          configured correctly. Notify your system
>          administrator.  Now attempting to logon user
>          eppinett on domain NLUDORMS.   (WITH AN OK BUTTON)

No idea...

>     - Under var/log.smb I see the following type of messages:
>
>         NT Password did not match ! Defaulting to Lanman

Normal as well I believe.

>     - Under var/log.nmb I see the following type of messages:
>
>         process_logon_packet: Logon from 192.135.131.5: code = 12
>         process_logon_packet: Logon from 192.135.131.5: code = 12
>         process_logon_packet: Logon from 192.135.131.5: code = 7
>         process_logon_packet: Logon from 192.135.131.5: code = 7

#define QUERYFORPDC    7     /* Query for PDC */
#define QUERYFORPDC_R  12    /* Query for PDC response */

These are normal.

> I am currently running Samba 1.9.19-prealpha & Citrix 1.6/SP3.

I'm guessing your mean SP5 ( which is the latest ).

> Oh yea, what is the deal with the SIDs?  Do I need to have one
> specified under smb.conf and what should I be using?

a private/MACHINE-SID file is generated automatically for a Samba PDC
upon startup if it does not exist and there is no domain sid= parameter
in smb.conf.  Once the file is created, the domain sid= paraemeter is
ignored.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )