User permissions w/NT 4.0

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Fri May 15 14:14:32 GMT 1998

Pierre-Jules Tremblay wrote:

> > > C:\> net time \\ursula /set /yes' fails with:
> > >
> > >      System error 1726 has occurred.
> > >
> > >      The remote procedure call failed.
> >
> I'm not sure I fully grasp what you're trying to say.  Anyway, I did
> more testing, and it turns out that NET TIME fails with the main
> branch cvs source tree as of Monday, when run from an NT 4.0 WKST box,
> whether the box is configured for DOMAIN or WORKGROUP.  In both cases,
> after reinstalling samba 1.9.18p4, NET TIME works fine.

You are correct.  I was responding to a different error.
[blush...another soul damaged by a quick mouse finger]  Sorry.  I can
verify this problem against the main branch as of May 5, 1998.  Am
having my owjn problems with the latest main branch code I am trying to
track down.  You're not alone :)

Actually the problem I was remembering was "Access denied" in that case
you must be logged in an admin type user.  Also unless you have changed
GUEST_SESSETUP in local.h you will need to be connected to the the
server in some way in order to be validated ( ie. net use ... ) because
"net time \\server" does not prompt for a password.

Again, sorry for the misinformation.

> > See the list archive for threads about "domain admin users" parameter >
> Got it.  Thanks.

You're welcome :)

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter