Machine accounts invalid, sort of.

Kevin Currie x7currie at lab2.cc.wmich.edu
Fri May 15 12:33:05 GMT 1998

	I'm having a little oddity happenning over in my lab.  Recently,
all my machine accounts were added to the /etc/passwd file and now have
unique uid's (as opposed to having them all set to nobody).  The accounts
were placed in the smbpasswd file using "smbpasswd -a -m".  From some NT
boxes, I cannot connect to the domain because the machine account is
invalid; however, if I try the same account from another computer it works
just fine.  These machines that will not connect to the samba PDC connect
to an NT PDC just fine.  Is the smbpasswd file updated/modified at all
when a machine connects to it?

Kevin Currie