password synching -- Grrr.. (fwd)

Andy Smith abs at maunsell.co.uk
Thu May 14 21:31:54 GMT 1998

On Fri, May 15, 1998 at 06:52:40AM +1000, Kevin Currie wrote:

> This is a forwarded message from my unix sysadmin (he's taking care of the
> Unix side of things and I've got the NT side).  Just a little background,
> we're trying to execute smbpasswd from within Sun's passwd program.  We
> have the source.

Been trying to do something similar here, but not having the source,
I'm looking at passwd+ and npasswd.  Trouble is, neither of these support
NIS (well, the versions I've found anyway), so I've got a long way to go
still.  Does anyone know of a publicly available NIS aware passwd replacement?

Thanks.

--
  _          __         Maunsell Ltd, IT Unit    Tel  : 0181-663-6565
 /_|   _/   (  _  '_//  160 Croydon Road,        Fax  : 0181-663-6723
(  |/)(/(/ __)//)/ //)  Beckenham, Kent BR3 4DE  Email: abs at maunsell.co.uk
        /               England.                 -or- abs at maunsl00.demon.co.uk