Compile problems, 19p7 (PR#7048)

Jeremy Allison jallison at whistle.com
Wed May 13 17:28:04 GMT 1998

estewart at dudley.lib.usf.edu wrote:

>         On an Ultra 1 running Solaris 2.6 and using gcc 2.8.1
>
> ipc.c: In function `api_RNetServerEnum':
> ipc.c:1194: warning: passing arg 4 of `qsort' from incompatible pointer
> type
>
> Compiling nmbd_incomingrequests.c
> nmbd_incomingrequests.c: In function `process_node_status_request':
> nmbd_incomingrequests.c:380: warning: passing arg 4 of `qsort' from
> incompatible pointer type
>
> Compiling client.c
> client.c: In function `browse_host':
> client.c:2972: warning: passing arg 4 of `qsort' from incompatible pointer
> type
>
>         The compile keeps running and otherwise runs fine; this is the
> first time that I've had any kind of warnings using gcc (18p4 compiled
> fine with gcc 2.8.1).
>         Should I worry about this?  I'd think that GCC would always be the
> compiler of choice these days...

Unfortunately we tested with the Sun compiler, c'est la vie :-).

We missed one QSORT_CAST define in includes.h for Solaris. It
is just a warning and can be ignored.

If it really bugs you add :

#ifndef QSORT_CAST
#define QSORT_CAST (int (*)(const void *, const void *))
#endif /* QSORT_CAST */

to the SUNOS5 section of includes.h (which is what is in
the main branch).

This is fixed in the main branch but got missed for 1.9.18p7,
sorry (we were rather busy on other issues :-).

Regards,

        Jeremy Allison.
        Samba Team.