Problems with ntdom

Andy Smith abs at maunsell.co.uk
Tue May 12 23:03:40 GMT 1998

On Wed, May 13, 1998 at 08:26:03AM +1000, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> Matthew Geier wrote:
> > vsnprintf                           slprintf.o
> > ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to smbd
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> >  This is Solaris 2.5.1
>
> Ok - I did that (sorry) - I assumed all Solaris versions have
> vsnprintf - but only 2.6 (the version I have) does.
>
> I have just checked in changes to includes.h that
> fixes this for solaris. Check out again & let me know
> if it's ok.

I got that error this morning - I undef'd vsnprintf in includes.h which
got it to compile clean, but the resulting binaries didn't run.  testparm
for instance returned without doing anything, telling me to 'Load smb
config files from /usr/...'

Anyway, just checked out again and :-

Compiling util.c
In file included from util.c:22:
includes.h:340: parse error before `<'

--
  _          __         Maunsell Ltd, IT Unit    Tel  : 0181-663-6565
 /_|   _/   (  _  '_//  160 Croydon Road,        Fax  : 0181-663-6723
(  |/)(/(/ __)//)/ //)  Beckenham, Kent BR3 4DE  Email: abs at maunsell.co.uk
        /               England.                 -or- abs at maunsl00.demon.co.uk