Removing lp_domain_xxx() [was Re: password API needed]

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Tue May 12 18:40:15 GMT 1998

Jeremy Allison wrote:

> BTW: I'm working on removing the lp_domain_xx() stuff. But I'll
> need a buy off from everyone on this list before I break existing
> smb.conf files by removing the code. We still get people complaining
> that 'domain controller' changed from string to bool, and that was
> never used !

Jeremy,

Are you referring to the parameters such as "domain sid" as well?  If so
where will this be stored?  I know I have heard suggestions to have the
trandomly generated and stored in a "don't touch or the world will end"
file.  If this will be the way of the future, there will be a way to
continue using the currently value for domain sid in the new code
hopefully?  Otherwise the dexisting domain will go down the toilet.

This is actually one parameter I kind of like. :-)

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )