cvs update - wrong version of patch

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at cb1.com
Tue May 12 17:52:46 GMT 1998

janet,

suddenly realised what you were on about, here :-)  i presume that cvs is
calling the "patch" command. and you have a version of patch that is
stuffed.

obtain the source for the gnu version of patch from sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk
in the gnu directory, by either using ftp, nfs or smb.  i had to do this
eighteen months ago as NextStep does not have a proper diff _or_ patch
command...