password API needed

Sbragion Denis infotecn at tin.it
Tue May 12 16:19:10 GMT 1998

Hello,

At 00.58 13/05/98 +1000, you wrote:
>hi samba-ntdom subscribers,
>jeremy's vote is no, my vote is "fuzzy-logic-yes".  jean-francoi's vote is
>"if it's a configuration nightmare, absolutely not, and creating hundreds
>of smb.conf.%U files is a definite nightmare".

I followed the discussion a little. I'm quite with Jeremy. smb.conf should
maintain only reasonable defaults for what can't be retrieved from a
user/group database. I.E. system information should be in a system cfg
files (current smb.conf), user/group information should be in user/group
cfg file (sampasswd, smbpasswd or whatever you smb gurus think will be
better).

Just my modest opinion.

Bye!

	Dr. Sbragion Denis