password API needed

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at cb1.com
Tue May 12 14:36:23 GMT 1998

hi samba-ntdom subscribers,

after all the wonderful discussions we've had on this list, i was
wondering if people could comment on this thread (some of which is going
on on samba-technical).

questions like: do you think it's a good or a bad idea to add more
NT-SAM-like parameters to smb.conf, like "kickoff time" and "domain
workstations", bearing in mind that these may have to go down to the
granularity of a per-group or per-user basis?

jeremy's vote is no, my vote is "fuzzy-logic-yes".  jean-francoi's vote is
"if it's a configuration nightmare, absolutely not, and creating hundreds
of smb.conf.%U files is a definite nightmare".

luke